Pelargonium is most often associated with Geranium. Although the flowers belong to the same family, they are different in kind and cannot be crossed. Pelargonium appeared in the southern regions, and her named sister - in the northern. Not the origin itself, but differences in care preferences are important when breeding geraniums or pelargonium.
The history of the appearance and description of the pelargonium Odensjo Symfonia (Odencio Symphony)
Pelargonium Odencio Symphony appeared in the Swedish cattery Rockdala. A characteristic feature of the standard is the saturated pink color of tight inflorescences. Thick-leaved leaves.
The difference between the flowers can be seen on the leaves and inflorescences, only seed boxes are similar
On a note! The plant is easily pruned when forming a bush, resistant to temperature drops.
Other popular pelargonium varieties of the Odensjo series
Pelargonium symphony has a number of varietal representatives, among which you can choose a plant by color and type of flowering. The most popular varieties:
- Sound of Silence. Pelargonium Odencio of the species Sound Silens grows slowly, the bush is compact, and the flowers are distinguished by a delicate white color with a greenish tint. The culture should be carefully watered because it has a small root system.
- Suzie Wong. Suzy Wong differs from the Odencio standard with a deeper and more saturated pink color of terry petals.
- Rodluvan. It has bright red flowers, well bushy, does not require frequent pruning. The variety is characterized by voluminous inflorescences, which makes it luxurious.
- Bernadette One of the most delicate flowers of light pink pastel. The plant belongs to dwarf species.
- Hummingbirds Egg Butterfly. A subspecies with an intricate name attracts attention with a juicy lilac-pink color. Large flowers contrast with variegated green leaves.
- Ice Frozen Campari. Zonal pelargonium is distinguished by lilac flowers that complement the bright blotches on the petals and the core.
- Lynn Palmer. The flower is suitable for cultivation in pots. Petals are semi-double with a color gradient from white to lilac and green.
- Madame Bovary. Bovary attracts attention with an expressively bright red color. Inflorescences gather in large bouquets.
- Stilla Flirt. The smallest and most elegant variety from Odensio. Soft pink color reminds of the gold standard of this type of pelargonium.
Pelargonium Bernadette perfectly reveals and complements the main view
When growing a flower in the garden, a nutritious soil with an admixture of clay is needed. For the potted version, a mixture of peat and sand should be used.
Note! Pelargonium Odensjo Symfonia can bloom at a temperature of + 10 ... +12 degrees and needs a greenhouse in the autumn-winter period.
Pelargonium care Odencio
The best temperature for the plant is about 20 degrees Celsius. The flower does not need spraying. It is important to maintain moderation in irrigation and use drainage.
Plant a plant with cuttings, on which when pruning there are at least 3 leaves. For small and dwarf species, the height of the handle should be up to 4 cm, for tall - up to 7 cm.
The choice of length of the cuttings depends on the preference of a particular cultivar
Diseases and pests, the fight against them
The flower is quite resistant to disease and not capricious. The most common causes of poor culture:
- improper watering or humidity;
- virus infection;
- attacks of ticks, aphids and caterpillars;
- bacterial infections.
The main way to prevent problems is timely care and care, and treatment is carried out by carefully removing diseased leaves. In their place there will be new shoots.
Odensjo Symfonia Pelargonium is distinguished not only by its amazing colors, which can please almost the whole year, but also by its original aroma. Unpretentious and at the same time beautiful flower was the favorite of aristocrats in the 18th century.