A common question among gardeners: azalea dries and discards leaves, what should I do? If you want to grow azalea at home, you should know how to resuscitate a plant with ailments.
The causes of the death of azaleas
Blemishes in the care leading to the death of the plant are often associated with:
- soil composition;
- temperature condition;
- watering and fertilizer;
Culture responds quickly to improper care
You can determine the cause of the disease when observing a flower:
- The plant withers - low temperature, excessive watering.
- The cause of yellowing is a sunburn, lack of nutrition;
- Why the azalea dries - insufficient watering, lack of complementary foods.
When you can resuscitate the azalea
The diseased plant is carefully examined. If the leaves began to fall off or turn yellow - a flower at the initial stage of the disease. If the tree has dropped foliage, he urgently needs treatment. How to reanimate azalea at home? For salvation, it is important that a small part of the plant remains alive:
- the rhizome has not dried or rotted;
- the stalk remained green;
- preserved live sprouts or buds.
How to save the azalea if all the leaves have fallen? The root should be examined. If he is alive - the plant will form new shoots.
It's important to know! You can restore the root only by the method of cuttings.
In what situations can the flower not be saved?
A flower cannot be restored when:
- putrefactive gruel formed in the roots and inside the stem (it is useless to save);
- the roots or stem are soft, wilted (the flower may completely fall);
- sectional structure of the stem is porous;
- all twigs and stems have withered or withered.
It is possible to improve the state of the culture when infected with pests only by treatment with insecticides.
Instructions for resuscitation of a flower in various situations
Measures for the treatment and restoration of plants for each case are individual. How to reanimate azalea? A standard solution is to make adjustments to the care routine.
Azalea has withered
Azalea has dried up, how to revive a home bush? The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Cut off all damaged parts, treat the cut points with activated carbon.
- Transplant a flower into a larger pot in a disinfected soil.
- The first days to water abundantly.
What should i do if the azalea has dried up? After watering, put on a flower bag with several holes for a period of 30-40 minutes. A greenhouse effect is created that helps the azaleas recover faster.
Drying Home Rhododendron
The flower is hit by pests
When the green part is damaged, all damaged parts of the plant are removed. In the shortest possible time, the culture is processed with appropriate drugs. If the lesion occurs in the soil:
- The plant is taken out of the pot.
- It is maximally cleared of the soil.
- It is fully processed - the roots and the green part.
- Transplanted into new soil (disinfected).
Additional Information! It is important to use fungicides strictly according to the instructions indicated on the package.
At the first symptoms of overflow, a plant transplant is performed:
- Remove the flower from the pot and remove the old substrate, washing the roots with warm water.
- Inspect the roots of the plant, if there is rot - cut off.
- Slices treated with biological fungicide (trichodermin, diskor).
- Transplant into new soil (disinfect the pot and substrate).
After transplanting, the flower is not watered for 3-4 days, after which the initial watering mode is gradually restored.
The first thing to do with a flower after freezing is to warm:
- To bring in a warm room, without sharp changes in temperature and drafts.
- Cover the green part of the flower with a bag, creating a greenhouse.
- Place the pot in a container of warm water for 30-40 minutes.
After an hour, the package is removed and the greens are sprayed with a biostimulator (Epna solution). In order not to lose roots, over the next 2 weeks the plant is watered with root.
Azalea can freeze even on the windowsill
The main preventive measure against the death of azaleas is the creation of comfortable conditions for its growth and flowering. Proper watering, lighting, temperature conditions and timely top dressing - all that a plant needs.
Timely detection of problems and taking the right measures will help restore the affected flower. But it is better not to bring the azalea to a painful state by regularly observing and caring for it.